Board Meeting Sep 13, 2017 06:30 pm

Location: WestWoods Community Police Station

 Location
WestWoods Community Police Station


6644 Kendrick Drive
Arvada, CO 80007
 Directions

I-70 West to Ward. Ward north to 64th Ave, 64th Ave West to McIntrye/Kendrick Dr. North on Kendrick to the police station.

 Agenda
  • call meeting to order
  • approve past minutes
  • any member comments/discussion
  • financial report
  • website update
  • membership update
  • tag matches
  • tournament updates
  • other events
  • course issues
  • new business
  • adjourn
 Minutes

Attendance - Camden Farmer (President), Mike Storrs, Michelle Burghardt, Jay Burghardt, Geoff Hungerford, Dan Jones, Josh Kreutzer, Ray Woodruff, Tashi Temple Woods Jones, Sean Clark, Jeremy Nicholson and Matthew Morrison


Minutes - August minutes were voted on and approved by a majority of the board . Jay Burghardt chose not to vote.


Member comments - It was brought up that more members might be able to attend the board meeting if it was at a later time and a more central location. Camden responded that this location is allowed to be used free of charge and it can be set up months in advance. And added that the location is fairly centralized.


Matthew Morrison mentioned that Vimino was used to try and make a payment to MHDGC, but it didn't go through. Camden suggested Pay Pal is a better avenue for that.


Course development -

Mike spoke about course development and said he is working with a panel to look into improving old courses and developing new courses.

There was a meeting scheduled for Sep 13th. Only Geoff Hungerford was able to show up.


Sean Clark brought up to the Board's attention that the Fitzsimmons golf course is being closed and the Mile High Disc Golf Club might want to look into attending planning sessions on that property, as there is prime land for a disc golf course in the Denver Area. Camden asked Sean to send him an email to about the course.

Jeremy told the board that he was offering to call the cities involved to see what information might be out there about the property.


Financial Report - Kyle had sent to each board member this months financials.

Johnny Roberts TD report looking good for the upcoming event.

Mike discussed he would be sending over some checks he has been collecting to be deposited against the Peak One shortfall. He also said an unpaid invoice would be paid the following day.

The Board voted to approve finances by majority. Jay Burghardt chose not to vote.


Website - looking good. Geoff is looking to update the charity thermometer, in preparation for this years fund raising.


Tags - As our Tagmaster was not present, we do not have an updated count of tags sold.


Tag Matches - winding down - start times are getting earlier


Tourney updates

Past

Little Windmill - Went great. Final nine was enjoyed by many, as amateurs generally do not get to participate in a final nine. This was a fundraiser for next year's Spring Fling

Dan Jones said that the City of Aurora was asking about a tourney being held on two courses.


Co States - Geoff spoke about Colorado States Tourney on the Western Slope and said much fun was had by all.


Johnny Roberts - Camden gave an update saying the courses are looking great, and both Adams County and Superior are ready for the event.

C - tier on Friday before JR. Hope to get upwards of 50 people in attendance


Mile High Classic - Mike Storrs is working with Rob Liebman on this event - Latitude 64 will be the title sponsor. They are planning on having gnomes for trophies.


Shades of Gray - Chris Keener will be TD'ing this event and Camden has offered to help where needed.


Rodnoc - With Chad stepping down after 9 years of running the event, Team Neapolitan has offered to run the event this year.


Winter Warriors - Josh spoke about the upcoming series and some of the bigger points.

There will be 15 events this year

Edora and Johnny will not be used.

Courses to be used are still being worked out

Chili cook off might become a stand alone event - still in planning phase

Hopes to hold a C - Tier at Purple Park in Superior the first weekend of WW as a special treat for all

 

Ice Bowl - February 10th


Course issues - Looking to get some baskets moved at Adams Hollow


New Business - Next year's tags - Dan Jones said he will speak with Jamie and Kyle about next year's tag options and suppliers.


Ray Woodruff spoke to the board, asking to take over the spot vacated by Pete Kenny. Jay Burghardt asked him about the previous stepping down, and Ray said that part of the reason he stepped down was because his workload at his job increased dramatically. But now, it has been reduced back to levels closer to what it was before and he feels he will be able to give his full attention back to the board and the club. Geoff asked about the appearance of favoritism toward the Mile High Club when it comes to tournaments, as Ray is currently the State coordinator. Ray spoke about this, and assured the board he would be fair and impartial when it comes to decisions that the club is involved in.


Sean Clark, speaking from his experience, asked the board if it was reasonable to request a letter from Ray, explaining how he intends to show himself as fair and impartial in upcoming decisions regarding the MHDGC, and the board agreed, by majority, that would be a fair request. Jay Burghardt chose not to vote.


Ray was informed of the board's decision and agreed to write a letter to the board concerning this. and that upon doing so, he would be able to assume Pete Kenny's vacated board seat.


meeting adjourned - 8:15p