Board Meeting Jul 12, 2017 06:30 pm

Location: New Terrain Brewing

 Location
New Terrain Brewing


16401 Table Mountain Pkwy
Golden, CO 80403
 Directions

I-70 West to Highway 58 West. Exit McIntyre. Head North to W 44th Ave (first light). Turn left. Turn right at Table Mountain Parkway. Destination is on the left.

From Bird's Nest. 64th Ave Eat to McIntyre. Turn right and follow to Table Mountain Pkwy. Turn right and destination is on the right.

 Agenda
  • call meeting to order
  • approve past minutes
  • any member comments/discussion
  • financial report
  • website update
  • membership update
  • tag matches
  • tournament updates
  • other events
  • course issues
  • new business
  • adjourn
 Minutes

July 2017 MHDGC Board Meeting Minutes



July 12, 2017- New Terrain Brewing



Call to order at 6:34pm



In attendance: Board- Camden Farmer (president), Mike Storrs
(Vice President), Geoff Hungerford, Josh Kreutzer (acting Secretary for this
meeting), Ray Woodruff (at-large board member and PDGA CO State coordinator).
Non Board- Manny Trujillo, Matthew Morrison, Pete Wade (host), John Bird,
Lauren Johnson, Irka (unsure of last name), and Tom Hamilton.



Approve minutes: no quorum to approve last month’s minutes-
will need to do it via email



Member comments:



·       
Pete Wade inquired about the up-keep of
Fehringer Ranch DGC. Ray will do an intro email to Mike Hanson for Camden to
discuss the club support.



·       
Pete asked about standard basket height and John
Bird mentioned that the PDGA standards only concern basket manufacturer
specifications and not install height.



Financials:



·       
HPC has $1475 in payout that need to be
deposited



·       
Awaiting a check from Morgan County for HPC



·       
RMWDGC has pending deposits that Ray will get to
the bank



·       
Brighton Legacy needs a check for BLT $1,100



·       
Spring Fling has pending payouts



·       
POC is encouraging paypal payouts where possible



·       
Mike will Paypal Chriss Moss the fundraiser
funds



·       
Will need to vote via email to approve the
financials



Web Updates:



·       
Geoff has an offline sandbox (?)



·       
Change the season background



·       
Update the registration links?



·       
Update the WW thermometer



·       
Geoff asked for the pools enhancement to be
removed from the to-do list. Everyone there agreed. If that feature is wanted
then use DG Scene



Membership update:



·       
Jamie was not in attendance



·       
Ladies tags are needed



·       
Tags design upgrades were asked for. Look for
something new for 2018



·       
Johnny Roberts tags with Lauren sold 20ish tags



·       
Josh gave Lauren 3 tags



Tag updates:



·       
Discussed with Lauren some ideas to enhance her
tag sessions



·       
No Jamie or Jonathan Siska to discuss others



Tournament Updates:



·       
HPC-




John is looking to move the event to 1 round per
day over three days. Long rounds at 2 per day is losing some players on Sunday.




175 player field this year was largest field yet




Looking at other ways to split the fields for
2018 to get more Ams




Want to get the Morgan area clubs more involved
with the event-  maybe a C-tier for
volunteers to get them used to tournament play.



·       
RMWDGC-




126 ladies played (out of 135 registered to
play)- previous US women’s only event record was 118




Int, Adv and Open pool grew, Rec pool was less-
more women are moving up divisions




Late caddy rush put the event at the right
amount of caddies




Only one day without spotters- would encourage
caddy spotting next year




Hit benchmark of $1500 for 1st FPO




Manny volunteered to do any art for fundraisers
if he got advanced noticed




Caddy basket raffle- announcement was done after
the event, Basket was won by Matthew Morrison. Basket was donated by Geoff
Hungerford and was in memorial to Eric Macgill.




Terry Miller from Smashboxx had ~40 minute
review of the event with many good things to say




Ray thanked the team for help




Ray mentioned that Superior has new plans for
Purple Park



§ 
Superior is buying 9 total baskets to put in the
ground on a semi-permanent basis, lower 9 of the course initially.



§ 
When a tag match does pop up out there then will
have to set some strict rules to avoid conflicts



·       
Peak One




Event is full




75 on the wait list




Mike would have loved to see more NM attendance




115 total players




Player items have been ordered




Discmania is main sponsor




Will do a 3-4 min promo video




Full junior division




Long drive competition




Will have caddy book




Player party in day lodge with food/keg




Lunch paid for Saturday for all Am divisions




Will need check signer and day of cash



·       
SMC-




Event is ready to go




Mike and Tom will be helping




John needs two scorepoints



·       
WW




New Terrain wants to be involved



§ 
CCOC will need to contact Kyle Maute



·       
JRM




72 person field




Event possible at Purple Park and Adams Hollow
(confirmed)




Tom was wondering why JRM MHDGC sponsorship was lower
than expected




Looking for other sponsors



Other Events:



·       
States




John spoke to states




3 cities are involved




Asked for help filling the event



Course issues:



·       
Camden and John will meet on 7/16 to finish tee
sign design. Will schedule a work day to add the signs



New Business:



·       
None at this time



Meeting adjourned at 8:24pm