Board Meeting Apr 12, 2017 06:30 pm

Location: East Interlocken Park

 Location
East Interlocken Park


272, 282 Interlocken Blvd
Broomfield, CO 80021
 Directions

 Agenda
  • call meeting to order
  • approve past minutes
  • any member comments/discussion
  • financial report
  • website update
  • membership update
  • tag matches
  • tournament updates
  • other events
  • course issues
  • new business
  • adjourn
 Minutes
4/12/17 MHDGC Board meeting minutes
Location - Interlocken Disc Golf Course, Broomfield CO
This meeting was held after the Volunteer appreciation get together.

Meeting called to order at 6:48 PM Mountain Daylight Thyme.
Board members present - Camden Farmer, Mike Storrs, Jonathon Siska, Josh Kreutzer, Kyle Harrigan, Geoff Hungerford, Jamie Simino, Pete Kenny
A list was passed for club members to sign in to identify all the MHDGC members in attendance but only Jeff McCormack, A. Kreutzer, Raymond Carr, and John Bird chose to sign in.

Club members and volunteers were welcomed and thanked for their efforts.
Jay Burghardt and Jeff Evertz were wished Happy Birthday.

The minutes from the March board meeting were approved.

Member comments - Jeff McCormack thanked the board for their leadership efforts.

The April financials were presented and approved.

Website update - No issues. Those TDs using the MHDGC registration system are monitoring its performance and will report back if any issues. So far, so good.

Membership update - Tags in the 400s are being sold. Jamie added 42 new members since the last board meeting bring the total paid memberships to 207. Tagmasters returning memberships back to Jamie has been a bit slow. There has been some pushback of new members not filling in the white membership slips which makes it difficult for us to track a list of current members.

Tournament updates

Ice Bowl - closed with a donation of $22,500 to the Food Bank of the Rockies. With our donation the Food Bank was able to provide 90,000 meals to people in need in our community. Excellent efforts by many people.
Winter Fling - Closed, no issues, raised funds transferred to Spring Fling.
Spring Fling - Slowly filling, no issues.
HPC - Registration opens 4/13 7 PM. Very similar to previous years. Details being worked out, no issues expected.
RMWDGC - On track, filled at 140 with 20 on the wait list. Course will install sleeves in the ground to make it easier for other events to be held there in the future. 85 caddies signed up so far, need more.
TNGM - Returns 5/13. Non-sanctioned. No issues expected. Fun promised to all who play.
Peak One - 2 day B tier. On track. Long drive and glow rounds offered. The second course is hoped to be a second course on the peninsula but Dillon is an option. No issues expected.
JRM - At Adams Hollow, trying to find a place for a temporary second course.
MHC - No issues expected.
BLT - June 10 - Doubles, on track.
NextGen events are proceeding across the state.

Course updates
Bird’s Nest - City of Arvada is installing a gazebo on the course very soon. The board voted and approved Camden’s proposal to finally get tee signs in the ground. Pete will take photos and Camden will turn them into tee signs.

New Business
After another year of volunteering countless hours running Winter Warriors, Josh’s life has filled up with non disc golf items and he no longer has as much time to give to MHDGC. He will remain on the board however, many of the things he does for the club will have to be cut back.

Sponsorship requests.
We looked at 5 sponsorship requests that came through our new sponsorship request process.
1- The board voted to approve $100 to the Shades of Gray tourney. TD will use MHDGC registration and pay our $1/person web fee.
2- The board voted to approve $100 to the BLT. TD will use MHDGC registration and pay our $1/person web fee.
3- The board voted to approve $100 to the Long’s Peak DGC for Lunacy and a 2 year tee sign sponsorship.
4- The board voted to approve $100 to the Rising Phoenix Open, a Breast Cancer fundraiser event.
5- The board voted to approve $200 to the 303 Open and AM events to get a tee sign at both events.
Kyle Harrigan will follow with those requesting sponsorship and write them checks.

Mike Storrs sought board support to create a new course development group of 5-10 people to coordinate efforts at securing new courses in the area. He will pursue the idea and report back to the board.

The meeting adjourned at 7:57 PM with thanks to all the MHDGC volunteers and members in attendance.