Board MeetingApr 10, 2013 06:30 pm

Location: Arvada Community Food Bank

Agenda

  • call meeting to order
  • approve past minutes
  • any member comments/discussion
  • financial report
  • website update
  • membership update
  • tag matches
  • tournament updates
  • other events
  • course issues
  • new business
  • adjourn

Minutes

Meeting
started at 6:43. Members in attendance: Marsha, Dave, Camden, John, Ken,
Chad, and Rob. Tom attended remotely

 

Question asked about
posting previous meeting minutes, Ray?

Minutes for March
approved

No member comments

 

Financials: Copies were
emailed to the board and Ken will continue to do that. Junior funding was used
for Spring Fling. Moving forward with junior funding do we want it to be 13U
only, need to look at RMWDGC  to see what divisions/who has already signed
up for juniors. John suggested possibly making players packs for juniors really
large instead of offering free entry? Or a junior tourney was brought up again
as an alternative. No more junior subsidies this year. We are out of checks,
John will order new ones. Need to pay Kyle (USDGC?) and pay CDSA (not sure for
what) financials approved.

 

Website: Nonmembers
now get message telling them process to get access. An email button has been
added to events pages for TD's. Spring Fling revealed glitch in caching and
Chad has fixed this to avoid overloads for site in general and for event
registration. He added color coding for PDGA members for events. Future
fixes/improvements include--double check for email in registration to avoid
typos, 5 minute limit for registration window to be completed, checking to
ensure Paypal fees are the same as what we are adding. Possibly separating MH
events from other events on home page? Possibly adding an upload section?

 

Membership: 203
currently, 0 from Phenix online

 

Events: JRM--Met with
FF club to coordinate. Bailey will be free of charge for the event. Considering
beer sales Saturday for fundraising? Oskar Blues is interested in being vendor.
Dave will help with video project for JRM, using old footage provided by Geoff
Hungerford. Tom is considering plastic clipboards as player pack item.

HPC--Artwork from
Manny Trujillo is complete, was to be uploaded to site 4/11.

SF--TD report
submitted. Umbrellas well received, 5 left over that Marsha will sell for funds
for next year. The DQ of player supported by PDGA

TNGM--Draft coming
next week. Ken proposed raffle drawing, you pick the team you want to support
and if it wins your ticket goes into drawing. Winner gets priority registration
to MHC, 5 Latitude 64 discs donated by Rob, and a QMS from Chad.

Rodnoc--Chad had
conversation with Jay Reading to inform it would no longer be an EDGE event,
Yeti was disappointed but understanding. 1/2 of funds raised will go to Birds
Nest for improvements (signage etc) and 1/2 will go to junior fund to ensure
funds stay local. Same course as last year. Video trailer will be uploaded soon
and a flyer available. DX Rocs for player pack disc. Awards will be trophy
discs to divisional winners.

HPC--John will be
meeting with FM City Manager soon to firm up plans and coordination with city.
There is possibly a foot race conflict on same weekend. Tourism Panel funding
should be received soon. Oskar Blues is interested in possible sponsorship and
also beer sales at player’s party. John will be meeting with FM disc club to
gauge their ability/commitment to help. Community Service sponsors will
not be used again. Chad offered help for setting up template for scheduling tee
times for Sunday round to speed up posting online, guidelines by division will
be available at completion of play Saturday. Host hotel will be Clarion, no
discs have been ordered yet.

Mansion fundraiser--no
news

MHC--Team Neo will be
scouting location for event next weekend. Paco a possibility?

RMWDGC--$306 was
raised at mini golf at SF, $1000 came in from Fade Gear

 

Invisible String will
play at CHU April 28. It will be a festival atmosphere with DDC, Ultimate,
Accuracy, Guts, Free Style, and Golf. 2pm-5pm for play activities, film will
play 6-7:30 pm. Tickets $8 presale

 

Other business:

Kyle Maute had asked
Chad if he could have a "register" button for his events on the MH
site and the decision was no.

More interest in
looking into credit card capability for event staff using Square.

 

Meeting adjourned 8:34