Board MeetingAug 15, 2012 06:30 pm

Location: Arvada Community Food Bank

Agenda

  • call meeting to order
  • approve past minutes
  • any member comments/discussion
  • financial report
  • website update
  • membership update
  • tag matches
  • tournament updates
  • other events
  • course issues
  • new business
  • adjourn

Minutes

Meeting called to order 6:35 pm

Ray Woodruff, Ken Hughes, Camden Farmer, Marsha Sonderfan, Tom Hamilton, John Bird, Dan Gargan, Max Maclay, Dave Slocum

Last month's minutes approved

No members present, so no business brought up

Financials look good, tournament sponsorships for the rest of the year already earmarked.  There was a bounced check for an entry fee, we have recovered the fees.  Financials approved.

Website - Chad not here to discuss, but we all agreed it looks good and is working well these days.

Membership: Dave Straight has tags 400-500 and towels for packages.  These have not yet hit the credit card.  Phenix and Fly Green are both ready to sell new tag packages as soon as they can get some.  Dave is getting married this weekend, so we'll give him some time.  We had an online membership request come through from Wisconsin, so John Bird will get that processed and sent.

Tag matches - everything seems hunky dory.

Tournament Updates
Ace Race: Dave Slocum will order packages tonight.  The event will be held at Bird's Nest again.  16 people currently registered with more expected.  Everything seems good to go.
Mansion Fundraiser: Jim Cannon says course looks great and some improvements made.  Tom Hamilton asks for MH & Phenix merchandise for prizes.  This will be a simple tournament with only 4 divisions.  55 currently registered and a 90 cap.  Tom will need some help day-of, but things are looking good.
CO States: John Bird walked courses this week, has some great ideas for modifications.  Registration is going well.  Ordering discs soon, though slim Innova selection this late in the year, so also check with Discraft.  There's a new rec director in Fort Morgan, so John is discussing plans for course changes with the city.  There is a car show that weekend, so people need to book hotel rooms soon.  Block of rooms reserved through August 30.  There was a request that the Board see preliminary financials for the tournament at the next meeting.
Mile High Class: Filled super-fast.  Minor issues with registrations, but all are resolved so far.  Camden needs to put together a budget now that it's full, and asks Ken's help to do so.  Minis are here and look cool, they may order shirts for player packages as well.  Logistics of the temporary course were discussed, such as having a locked trailer for the baskets overnight.  We need to pay for the park soon, and the city needs the PDGA insurance certificate.  Friday doubles will be sponsored by Phenix.
Johnny Roberts Memorial: Tom Hamilton is doing his best to be on the ball for this one, and even came with handouts.  There was a poll posted on the forums for switching courses each day vs. during the day.  Tom is leaning towards same course one day, switch the next.  Camden is making a caddy book for all players.  Tom's hoping for a quick player's meeting each day due to daylight, and final 9 will be held at CHU so we can use the cafeteria for awards.  We discussed options for am payouts and player's pack items.  Tom is requesting as many volunteers as possible to help things run smoothly.
Winter Warriors VIII: will start first weekend of November, all 18 hole courses planned this year.  Big Mac has a kid due imminently, so we'll give a few weeks for him and Ray to work out some details.

Course Issues
Hole 10 at Expo has a chain missing.  The board received an email from Joe Haman asking for parts for a tee sign for Interlocken, and it was verified that he has what he needs now.

Non-profit status
Dan Gargan and John Bird went and talked to an accountant regarding non-profit status.  They say it is not complicated, and will get forms to Ken to review if we can provide all necessary information.  The accountant also suggested the board look into "DNO insurance" for liability purposes.

Club merchandise
Phenix has offered to some board members to sell MHDGC merchandise through their store and online system.  The board has previously discussed having some MHDGC merchandise because people seem to want it, and this would help logistically.  Some feel we should offer to all other vendors in Colorado to host MHDGC merchandise, but none have previously offered.  It was agreed that we should ask for a proposal from Phenix on how exactly this would work, and test the waters with Phenix before worrying about other vendors.
Meeting adjourned 8:15